COVID-19 outbreak stood down 20/09/23
Dear family members,
The Barwon South West Public Health unit has confirmed that the COVID-19 outbreak at Drysdale Grove Aged Care can be stood down on 20/09/2023.
Actions following stand-down of a COVID-19 outbreak:
- Residents may use communal spaces and engage in communal activities and should not be restricted to their wings or rooms if well.
- Residents can leave the facility for any reason. This includes attending off-site appointments where necessary in accordance with the policy of the facility.
- Remain vigilant for symptoms of COVID-19 and immediately isolate symptomatic residents and test for COVID-19. Should any symptomatic residents return a negative COVID-19 RA test, we strongly recommend doing swabs for both COVID-19 PCR and respiratory multiplex PCR.
- Staff cases may return to work once it has been 7 days since their first positive COVID-19 test result, as long as they are well.
- We recommend cohorting of staff to different areas of the facility where possible.
- All staff need to remain vigilant for symptoms. If staff are unwell, they should not attend work, isolate and seek prompt COVID-19 testing.
- New resident admissions can occur.
- Communal spaces can reopen, and communal activities can resume. This includes dining, social, recreational, and religious activities.
- Return to standard visitor guidance.
- Return to standard cleaning schedule.
- Communicate this update to residents, their families, staff and GPs.
· If visiting a loved one with COVID-19 all visitors must wear a mask which will be provided upon entry.
· There are no limits on visitor numbers.
· All visitors to RACFs should have a negative result from a COVID-19 rapid antigen test taken on the same day that they attend the care facility.
· All visitors should wear a face mask while visiting a RACF.
· Anyone who has COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19 or is a close contact of someone with COVID 19 should not visit Residential Aged Care Facilities
· Visits to occur in residents rooms or outdoors rather than communal areas
· Indoor visits to occur in well ventilated areas with open windows and doors to provide well natural ventilation.
· All visitors to complete hand hygiene and wearing masks properly
· Practice social distancing where possible and appropriate.
Mental Health support
Mental Health Support is available through the Australian Government via the Head to Health initiative. This initiative provides:
- easy to access mental health advice
- free or low-cost phone and online counselling
- treatment and crisis support.
Further support is available to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, anywhere in Australia:
- Beyond Blue Support Service
- Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National)
- Suicide Call Back Service
Please do not hesitate to contact should you have any questions or concerns or wish to speak with the Management or nursing team. We thank you for all of your support in keeping our community safe.
Drysdale Grove Aged Care