COVID-19 Outbreak Update
There have been no new symptomatic residents
Dear family members,
There have been no new symptomatic residents. All residents COVID-19 tests have returned negative results. Based on this information the COVID-19 outbreak at Drysdale Grove Aged Care has been stood down on the 26/04/2022.
Actions following stand-down of a COVID-19 outbreak
The following actions will come into effect after midnight 26/4/22:
· Residents are no longer required to quarantine in their rooms.
· Residents may use communal spaces and re-engage in communal activities.
· Residents can leave the facility for any reason consistent within the general public health directions. This includes attending off-site appointments where necessary. Please liaise with management prior to this occurring.
· Residents & Staff will continue to be vigilant for symptoms of COVID-19 and have surveillance testing with use of Rapid antigen test (RAT) which is followed up with PCR testing
All visitors must be:
· Fully vaccinated and demonstrate evidence of this (COVID-19 and influenza vaccinations are recommended)
· Wear PPE as advised by the home, practice social distancing and hand hygiene in line with the general public health recommendations.
· Undertake a RAT (Rapid Antigen Test) prior entry
· All visits will take place in residents rooms or where possible outdoors in well ventilated spaces.
· Visiting times are between Mon-Fri 9:30am-4:30pm and Sat-Sun 10:30am-3:00pm
There is a limit on the number of visitors that each resident can have each day:
· Each resident may have up to five visitors, if the visitor has returned a negative COVID-19 rapid antigen test result before entering.
· If COVID-19 rapid antigen tests are not available at the facility, residents can have up to two visitors.
Do not visit aged care facilities if you have:
· returned from overseas in the last 14 days
· been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
· have a fever or symptoms of a respiratory infection such as a cough, sore throat or shortness of breath
This includes people who:
• have symptoms of COVID-19
• have had a COVID-19 PCR test and are waiting for the result
• are required to isolate or quarantine
• have had contact with a COVID-19 positive person in the past:
– 7 days if the visitor is fully vaccinated, is not a close contact and has not returned a negative COVID-19 PCR test; or
– or 14 days if the visitor is not fully vaccinated or is a close contact and not returned a negative COVID-19 PCR test.
Covid-19 Aged Care Grief and Trauma Support Services
Services are available to provide grief and trauma support for those living, working and caring in the aged care sector, who have been impacted by COVID-19.
These FREE services are available for residents in aged care, home care recipients, families and representatives of senior Australians, aged care staff and aged care organisations.
For further information on these services can be found on The Department of Health website via the following link COVID-19 aged care grief and trauma support services | Australian Government Department of Health.
Please do not hesitate to contact should you have any questions. We thank you for your ongoing support.
Drysdale Grove Aged Care