Positive Rapid Antigen Test
Dear family members,
There have been no new symptomatic residents. All staff and resident COVID-19 tests have returned negative results. Based on this information the COVID-19 outbreak at Drysdale Grove Aged Care has been stood down on the 16/03/2022 effective from midnight.
Thank you for your support and understanding throughout this time.
Actions following stand-down of a COVID-19 outbreak
The following actions will come into effect after midnight 16/3/22:
- Residents are no longer required to quarantine in their rooms.
- Residents can leave the facility for any reason consistent within the general public health directions. This includes attending off-site appointments where necessary. Please liaise with management prior to this occurring.
- Residents & Staff will continue to have surveillance testing with use of Rapid antigen test (RAT) which is followed up with PCR testing
All visitors must be:
- Fully vaccinated and demonstrate evidence of this
- Wear PPE as advised by the home, practice social distancing and hand hygiene in line with the general public health recommendations.
- Undertake a RAT (Rapid Antigen Test) prior entry
- All visits will take place in residents rooms or where possible outdoors in well ventilated spaces.
- Visiting times are between Mon-Fri 9:30am-4:30pm and Sat-Sun 10:30am-3:00pm
There is a limit on the number of visitors that each resident can have each day:
- Each resident may have up to five visitors, if the visitor has returned a negative COVID-19 rapid antigen test result before entering.
- If COVID-19 rapid antigen tests are not available at the facility, residents can have up to two visitors.
End of Life Visits
There are no limit on the number of visitors for end of life care, however only 5 visitors can visit at any one time. If COVID-19 rapid antigen tests are not available at the facility, end of life care visits can still occur. End of life means where a resident’s death is expected within 28 days or less.
This includes people who:
• have symptoms of COVID-19
• have had a COVID-19 PCR test and are waiting for the result
• are required to isolate or quarantine
• have had contact with a COVID-19 positive person in the past:
– 7 days if the visitor is fully vaccinated, is not a close contact and has not returned a negative COVID-19 PCR test; or
– or 14 days if the visitor is not fully vaccinated or is a close contact and not returned a negative COVID-19 PCR test.
Please do not hesitate to contact should you have any questions. We thank you for your ongoing support.
Drysdale Grove Aged Care